Friday, May 20, 2005

Freezing Friday

So it's another glorious Autumn day, clear skies & a magnificent sunrise over Melbourne. Unfortunately in the darkest hours, when I struggle to rise from bed, its probably only nudging a few positive degrees above freezing, thus I didn't manage the 5.28am & instead settled for the 6.05am service this morning.

Still no sign of the sprinter, the days of warmth are fading fast to be replaced with being freezing before & whilst on the train now. Although there was a brief glimmer of hope as I sat in the first class carriage, I could almost detect the barest hint of a warm breeze. At first I thought I was merely dreaming, but lo and behold, I do believe the heater was actually working!

Alas, it was not to be, a couple of minutes later it conked out, and the rest of the journey was spent sitting in the stunning frigidity of the morning air.

A few minutes late, and it really does confirm the theory that it must depend on the driver as to whether we arrive on time (7.05am) or around 7.15-7.25am, plus or minus.

A quick detour to go straight to my "happy place", the regular cafe I get my morning coffee at & was in the office by 7.30am.

'Da Writer tells me I should be out photographing in this morning light, and "he who jumps off morning trains" tut tuts me for missing the early train.

At least it is Friday, although its a lottery as to which train I should try for hometime!

Update: Caught the 4.55pm home & it was no probs (the 50/50 rule applies!)

Only other notable thing is after several months break, I finally had a Sara Lee Hi-Pie Apple Crumble Pie with custard & icecream for dessert tonight ... there had been a search for the ol' Hi-Pie as it seemed to have disappeared from supermarket shelves (there were several addicts quite distressed over this fact), however the mystery is solved as they have renamed it "Deep-Dish Apple Crumble Pie" ... mmmm I like pie.

And if you don't understand the pie obsession, you must visit this website:
I LIKE PIE!

1 Comments:

Blogger vlinewhinger said...

Tell you more about???

Gee, my adoring public wants more?

:p

20/5/05 8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home