Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tuesday ...

In an effort to beat any repeat of yesterday's rolling stoppages of signals by Connex workers, I managed to get moving to catch the first train from Geelong (5.28am).

Apart from a complete stop near "Aircraft" (which is near Laverton if you needed to know) that resulted in us being around 10 minutes late to Spencer, there were no real delays this morning.

One thing I will mention is just how crowded the Collins/Spencer intersection is getting at hometime, since they've closed the subway entrances to Spencer St station. Hopefully the closure is only temporary, otherwise there is always going to be bottlenecks there.

I hate crowds mostly, people never walk at pace I'm accustomed to, or bumble along meandering all over the place so it's difficult to get past them, or my favorite pet peeve, don't keep to the left on sidewalks!

(ok I'm grumpy this morning, no coffee yet.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have "footpaths" here in Australia. "Sidewalks" are found in U S of A....stupid!



Gumshoe

13/6/05 7:40 pm  
Blogger vlinewhinger said...

Thanks for pointing that out. Terribly sorry for not writing the Queen's English as perfectly as you. I'll try harder next time old bean, tally ho, must retire, I'm going fox-hunting at dawn. What what!

13/6/05 11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home