Sunday, September 04, 2005

Apathy Inc.

Ok so it has been over a month since my last entry.

Occasionally other things in life get in the way of a petty whinge about paying $794 for a 10-week ticket (that's for the premium 1st class v/line service) and having trains overcrowded, late, not heated and generally dismal performance all around.

I don't intend to make this a "personal" journal, however during this month there were more pressing needs in my life, namely to do with my family life. And also, an opportunity arose to change my employment situation, which is also something that I found was annoying the crap out of me.

One thing of note, is that the usually reliable 4.55pm service got changed to effectively be the 4.40pm service (delayed). So now 1st class is overcrowded, hence one must ensure an early arrival at Spencer St to get a decent seat.

Iif I were a 1st fare-paying customer getting on at a later station (say Nth Melb or Footscray), I'd be mildly annoyed to find no seats in 1st Class. Particularly when it seems that certain transport workers ( Vline staff, Connex or Yarra trams) get a free ride. In my view, they should have to either go back down into economy or give up their seat when required. Same goes for Economy "upgraders". Fortunately I've not lost out on a seat, I'd certainly like to know if V/line compensates customers in this regard. Probably not, I'd imagine that the excuse "a ticket doesn't guarantee a seat" would be trotted out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home