Friday, January 12, 2007

Vline gets it's man aka the Whinger cops it!

Yes silence does sometimes mean everything seems to be okay, and mostly it has this week! Almost a total whitewash for the whinger, not able to complain about anything!

Unfortunately for yours truly, I knew Friday afternoon is always D-day. Even after yesterday's Vline Cock-up of only 4 V'locity carriages for the 4.40pm, I still had a seat and it was on time, so can't really complain about that.

Tonight I aimed for the 4.40pm again, only to have the familiar sight of no train at the platform and Vline conductor and customer relations staff looking confused (along with several hundred despondant Geelong commuters).

The 'missing' carriages eventually turned up and we were under way at 5pm, only 20 minutes late. As we departed I heard a platform announcement that the 17.13 had been cancelled. Obviously more problems finding trains ... or rather I'd say if the 4.55pm left after us (being a stopping all stations) they didn't bother running the limited express after it and made the 5.29pm stop at Lara.

Who knows, I'm pretty sure Vline makes it up as they go along as evidenced by tonight. My own personal theory is the blokes responsible for shunting or driving the carriages from the yards were probably too busy watching the cricket on TV and forgot they actually had a job to do.

So it wouldn't have mattered if I'd aimed for my regular 17.13 train, Vline still would have got me! At least they actually drove the pants off the White Elephants and we ended up only being a bit on 10 minutes late, not a bad effort and yet again proves that the Geelong express trip could possibly be done in 40 minutes flat (given that it was at 35 minutes when we were just past Corio). It is just that Spencer St>Werribee run (which we did in 23 minutes today) that is the hold up.

All in all, not such a bad week. Next week it looks like another couple of scorchers, so I wonder how the trains will cope with the heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home